FINANCIAL RESOURCES / PROGRAMS
The Burlington County Bridge Commission’s Department of Economic Development and Regional Planning administers business loan programs on behalf of Burlington County. The focus of these programs is job creation and retention while offering low- and zero-interest business loans.
The Commission acts as Burlington County’s Improvement Authority by offering local government and not-for-profit financing. Since 2002, the Commission has completed financings in the amount of $1.1 billion for 30 municipalities and fire districts thus saving taxpayers more than $27.3 million dollars.
Public entities can get and do what they need—all with the benefit of property tax relief.
- Direct Loan up to $50,000 ( Does not require bank involvement) — Application/information
- Burlington County Small Business Loan Program — low-interest loans available countywide
- Bank Participating Loan — County fills gap in financing from $50,000 to $200,000 (Requires bank involvement) — Application/information
Burlington County Route 130 Revolving Loan Fund Program — Zero-interest loans in the form of gap financing offered to businesses locating or expanding in the Route 130 Corridor, a region targeted for economic growth. Route 130 Corridor Map indicates eligible municipalities
- Loans for Acquiring Real Estate (Land and/or Buildings) — County fills gap in financing from $125,000 to $2,000,000 (Requires bank involvement) – Application/information
- Loans for Improvements/Renovations to Real Property (Land and/or Buildings) — County fills gap from $125,000 to $2,000,000 (Requires bank involvement) – Application/information
- Loans for Working Capital and Fixed Assets — County fills gap up to $2,000,000 (Requires bank involvement) – Application/information
Local Government and Tax-Exempt Financing – for Municipalities, School Districts, Local Authorities, Fire Districts to use lower-cost financing for capital improvement projects and purchasing furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) and real estate (land and buildings).
- Governmental Pooled Lease Financing Application / information
- Governmental Pooled Loan Financing Application / information
- Stand alone Governmental Lease Financing Application / information
- Stand alone Governmental Loan Financing Application / information
- Not-for-profit (501C3) Financings Application / information
GRANT-WRITING ASSISTANCE TO LOCAL GOVERNMENT Local governmental entities, i.e., municipalities, fire districts, EMS organizations and similar local governmental organizations, are eligible to apply for grant-writing assistance. Grant-writing assistance application LOCAL PLANNING GRANTS Municipalities that are in need of assistance to prepare various planning documents and have a financial hardship are eligible to apply for local planning grants Local planning grant assistance application
SMALL BUSINESS LOAN PROGRAM
for a comparison of loans and terms
ROUTE 130 REVOLVING LOAN FUND PROGRAM
for a comparison of loans and terms
STATE AND OTHER RESOURCES
New Jersey Business Action Center, the Business-First Resource for Doing Business in New Jersey that helps companies of all sizes save time and money by getting answers from government agencies, directing businesses to appropriate contacts, and facilitating meetings and partnerships. All at no cost to New Jersey businesses!
New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, the state agency that provides assistance to industrial and commercial customers regarding their energy needs
New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Clean Energy Program, a financial incentive program for NJ residents, business owners and local governments to improve energy efficiency
New Jersey Business Action Center, the pro-business and proactive “one stop” resource for everything business in NJ
New Jersey Economic Development Authority, the state authority that provides financing and incentives to businesses as well as real estate development services and assistance
New Jersey Economic Development Authority Grow NJ Assistance Program, a powerful job creation and retention program that provides tax credits
Rutgers-Camden New Jersey Small Business Development Center, a valuable source for small business training and consulting
United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development-Rural Business Cooperative Service, the federal agency that provides financial assistance to rural communities and utilities to build and expand infrastructure
United States Small Business Administration, the federal agency that provides financial assistance and small business planning and development services
Mark Remsa, Director
Economic Development and Regional Planning
Burlington County Bridge Commission
(609) 265-5055 FAX (609) 265-5006
1900 Briggs Road
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
1300 Rte. 73 North, PO Box 6
Palmyra, NJ 08065-1900